On Jan 25, 2012
- When it comes to doing business, inspired People generate better results.
- Business Leaders can inspire their People.
Another even-more-important Fact:
- You can expand your ability to inspire the People who follow your Leadership.
This is an accurate statement, regardless of how well you inspired your People in the past.
The keys are:
- Accepting the fact People will need your injection of Inspiration: they need and want that from their Leader.
- Working at it: taking specific inspiration-actions designed to accomplish specific inspiration-results.
Wise folks have taught this throughout the ages.
Here is one example: about people who are struggling, in 1926, Robert Collier1 wrote:
"For men and women like them do not need "Charity" - nor even sympathy. What they do need is Inspiration - and Opportunity - the kind of Inspiration that makes a man go out and create his own Opportunity."
Everyone struggles from time to time.
The People who follow your Leadership will struggle from time to time.
So - from time to time, your People will need an injection of Inspiration.
As a Leader, you can assume or hope somebody else will deliver that injection of Inspiration. Or, you can embrace it as part of your role.
Spirited Leader's Definition of INSPIRE2:
- to exert an animating, enlivening influence on
- to encourage, impel, & motivate...to excite and impart motion, to bolster focused Action