On Oct 26, 2011
Focus on doing the right things, not doing things right.
That’s now conventional wisdom.
Focus on the important things rather than the urgent things…‘The 80/20 Rule’ wisdom.
Here’s our take…
Combine all 3:
- Do the right things
- Do things right
- Do less things
When you want to improve the performance of your business, start by asking & answering 9 questions…
An exercise of 9 Questions
- What does doing the right things to, for, & with People mean to us?
- What does doing things right to, for, & with People mean to us?
- What can each Person in our business stop doing…right now?
- What does doing the right Processes mean…especially, from our Clients’ shoes?
- What does doing Processes right mean…especially, from our Clients’ shoes?
- What are our Clients telling us we can stop doing…right now?
- What right things do we need to do to create better Situations for our People?
- What things do our People need to do right when they face potentially-challenging [personally challenging] Situations?
- What Situations must we remove in order to allow our People to feel better?
Those 9 questions… a good start.